(LF blouse and necklace, Forever 21 cloche hat, Urban Outfitters tank dress, Aldo combat boots)
So when i took my lovely trip to NYC a few nights ago, of course I had to stop in at LF. I made out GOOOODDDDD! I got a bunch of cute things that you will be seeing me wear verryyyy soon. GOTTA LOVE THE LF CREW! I can't wait for the summer until I can start pairing everything with my vintage cut-offs and I can start being a hippie again :)
WONDER WOMAN MAC! Is this for real!? My favorite super woman now has her own line of make-up at mac! Nothing can get better than this! I took a trip into NYC last night to visit the Mac Cosmetics Pop-Up store in Soho (Its the only place that carries Wonder Woman's line until February 10th when all Mac stores start to carry it). From bronzer to nail polish, they had it all! Naturally I had to scoop some up since I COULD NOT wait until February! The store was magnificent and the make-up is even better! The colors are amazing and the packaging that everything comes in is adorable! I even got a gold belt that can hold all my make-up brushes! And I can't even begin to describe to you how bold and sick the nail polish colors are! The red and blue are to die for! All I need now is my Lasso of Truth and I'm all set!
(Urban Outfitters Tee and dress as skirt, Nasty Gal sweater and socks, Big Buddha bag, Aldo boots)
New favorite spot. I am literally coming here all the time! The colors of the graffiti are amazing especially against the bright white snow(which by the way it was snowing AGAIN today). When the weather starts getting better, which i hope is ASAP, it is going to be beautiful there and I will be there every day. :) But until then I am going to have to face the cold and the snow and deal with this horrible weather.
This jumpsuit works miracles! I can wear it with ANYTHING! anddddd its light enough to be worn in the summer, but thick enough to be warn in the winter with a cute sweater! The LF cardigan I'm wearing is from last year and i've probably worn it a gazillion times. I love it because its sheer and the detail is magnificent. :) Once again, I'm so glad I bought that jacket. It keeps me SO warm! I think my next purchase is going to be another faux fur jacket. They're cute and keep you warmer than you may think. :)
The cut of this top is genius. It makes such an ordinary top become unique and very fashion forward. Lately the "bat wing" tops have been a personal favorite of mine. The "bat wing" affect makes a simple outfit look amazing! Of course I bought it at LF. Everyone there is just so nice and helpful that it's hard to say no when buying things there! I'm going to have to stop in soon. I'm having LF Soho withdrawals. :(
New Motel jacket=PURE OBSESSION. Not only is it SUPER cute, but amazingly it keeps me SO WARM! Gotta love it! Most cute coats do nothing for me in the cold! I've been keeping an eye on this jacket for a lloonngg time and when I saw it went on sale for 50% off, I bought it immediately.
So on a different not, I'm here in Jersey, WISHING FOR NICE WARM SUMMER WEATHER. There has just been so much snow lately and we're expecting more tonight! I can't deal with all this un-needed snow! I just keep daydreaming about the summer and all the things I'll be able to do then that I can't do now. But for now I'll have to keep warm and wear my new coat that I'm in love with. :)
RACHEL ZOE. She is my biggest inspiration; not only when it comes to fashion, but also when it comes to life. She is so passionate about what she does! That's what makes her so amazing at it! Anyone can have a knack at putting things together, but she actually eats, breaths, and lives fashion. Even if I decide to not go into the fashion business when I'm older, I aspire to be as passionate at whatever I do like she is. But loving her job is just one thing amazing about Rachel Zoe. Her clothes and fashion sense is A-MA-ZING! Today there was actually a Rachel Zoe marathon on TV and I was literally drooling over every piece of clothing that she brought out. I could only WISH to have an opportunity at wearing it all! She influences my fashion choices and I can easily say that she is one of my idols. She has THE BEST job, and THE BEST clothes. Plus, she loves it SO MUCH! Whats not to like?! So Rachel Zoe is my idol... Who's yours?
(LF leather fringe jacket, H&M green button up and black tank dress, Urban Outfitters earrings and wedges, assorted rings)
This leather fringe jacket is my favorite! It really spices up any simple outfit with a hardcore, edgy look. I got it at LF (no surprise since I love that store and get so much there) and I haven't seen any jacket that even resembles it. Fringe and leather is just a perfect combo. I went out to the city in this outfit once and I put my hair in a fierce half-up half-down hair do, and had bold eyeliner on. I looked like the definition of edgy. :)
(urban outfitters dress and sweater, ray ban sunglasses, LF owl scarf)
I have an obsession with owls. I love them! They are just so wise and mysterious, and no one else appreciates them! They don't get as much respect as they should! Owl necklaces, owl rings, I have it all! Thats why when I saw this scarf, I HAD to have it! Well, enough of owls. I have to go off to work!
As seen on Rachel Zoe, Heidi Klum, and Nicole Richie, bell bottoms seem to be becoming more and more popular! Honestly, I thought that the trend of bell bottoms and flare leg jeans were long gone thanks to the rise of skinny jeans, but they are certainly making a come back! I'm not talking about slightly flared jeans or wide leg jeans, but the kind of jeans that hug your thighs until your knee and flare out so that you can't even see your foot. Yes, skinny jeans are fantastic, but nothing can make a leg seem longer and sleeker than an awesome pair of bell bottoms. Back in the day, they were only seen in denim and other fabrics used to make trousers, but now they range from linen to even lace! If you are going to take the fashion forward risk and try a pair of these bad babies, I suggest wearing a tight tank or shirt with them because a baggy one would only make your frame look bulkier and funny. Also, wearing a cute pair of heels will enhance the illusion of your leg being longer and leaner. I actually just bought myself a pair of high waisted bell bottoms and as soon as they come in the mail, you will definitely be seeing me in them! So what do you think? Will you go out and buy yourself a pair, or will you let this trend stay in the past?
(LF coat, nasty gal earmuffs, aldo boots)
So because last night it snowed AGAIN, we had a snowday today. :) and you know what that means, being forced to bond with my sister. It surprisingly wasn't bad at all! We took pictures in the snow, made funfetti cupcakes, and had a great time! I love her! :)
First things first, when I get my next paycheck, I am going on a shopping spree at Nasty Gal! Nasty Gal has been my go-to place for clothes lately and also has been on my list of favorite stores. They always have cute things and when I visit their website, I can't help but always buy something. I am probably single handedly helping the economy just by shopping there! But they always have the newest trends and cutest cutest cutest clothes! I can't say anything else but that I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!
1. Velvet Leopard Tunic: This velvet tunic is so cute! I can't wait to wear it as a dress with thigh high black socks and a cute leather jacket! or even tucked into a cute pair of high waisted trousers! I also like the fact that the tunic is velvet. It spices up the idea and makes it more unique rather than a plain cotton leopard tunic.
2. Tribal Collar Necklace: This necklace will be perfect paired with #4. and a plain tank! I don't have any tribal or shorter in length necklaces and I can't wait to add this one to my collection!
3. Jeffrey Campbell Cutout Combat Boot: I am a Jeffrey Campbell fanatic. I believe that all of his shoes are amazing. Come to think of it, 99% of all the shoes I own are his. I love how the back is cutout. It really turns a regular combat boot that everyone has, into something fashionable and special.
4. Censored Maxi Skirt: I've seen plenty of maxi skirts lately, but none like this. When I first saw that maxi skirts were becoming more popular, I was skeptical because I always felt that the long solid color wouldn't flatter me well. Now that this one is see-through, I will definitely be purchasing it. It's different and shows off a little leg!
5. Jeffrey Campbell Riding Boot: Once again, I pick a Jeffrey Campbell boot. The color is like none of my other boots but yet can be worn with just about anything. Also, the height of the boots is perfect to wear with everything! Dresses, skinnies, minnies; you name it!
6. Tied Crochet Dress: The plunging neckline on this dress and the teal color are both pure genius! This is another piece that I cannot wait to wear with black crochet thigh highs and a really high pair of black heels. I also like how the back of the dress ties behind the neck. I can perfectly fit the dress to fit me. :)
7. Ditsy Flare Pant: I AM MOST EXCITED FOR THESE PANTS! Yes, I will have to wait until it becomes a little warmer, but the wait will be well worth it. I don't own any flare or bell-bottom pants yet because I also felt that they wouldn't look flattering on me, but i just can't get over how cute these are! The print and the Chiffon fabric are both adorable and this will definitely be a piece that you will see way more often, perhaps in some upcoming posts?
8. Alexa Sweater Dress: I have waited so long for this sweater dress. The lace collar and lace cuffs are so cute and can be well paired with thigh high white crochet socks. This dress has been in and out of stock at Nasty Gal for so long that I'm afraid by the time I get my paycheck, it'll be out of stock again! :( But the whole thing is just adorable and I am so excited to wear it.
I just recently bought this poncho and my Jeffrey Campbell clogs and I couldn't be any more happier with them. The poncho I just had to buy because it was only $20.00. Gotta love H&m! And the clogs, despite how high they are, are so comfortable and so easy to walk in that I might just wear them EVERYWHERE! Go Jeffrey Campbell!
(forever 21 blazer, vintage levi cut-offs from LF)
It was actually freezing when I took these photos. Every time we had to stop shooting, I ran inside to warm up and drink my nice hot coffee. The vintage shorts I'm wearing are my all time favorite. I wear them with EVERYTHING no matter what time of year. Well, now I have to go do my homework because I have school tomorrow. :( So not looking forward to it.
(urban outfitters vest and romper, LF pullover sweater, forever21 hat)
So now that its 2011, my new years resolution is too be more bold when dressing up. My new romper from Urban is just amazing because at the bottom, it has lace cutouts and really turns a plain black romper into something magnificent. I love that I can be dressed up with a cute pair of heels or dressed down with a pair of black oxfords and ankle socks. Another item that I LOVE is my new LF knit pullover. I wear it ALL THE TIME! With high waisted levi shorts or even over a bodycon dress. LF has the most unique pieces of clothing and I wish I owned it all. I'm going to have to take a trip there soon!